Friday, February 20, 2015

Live Tweeting Experience

   My Twitter page: Link

    Being a novice in the tweeting realm of Twitter, the live tweeting event was personally very difficult. As I seldom go onto the social media site, this assignment wanted a tweeting activity that usually more experienced Twitter users engage in. The event that I went to was a Psychology workshop, administered by the Psych Advising office. It was a very informative event that watered down how I had to approach my psychology major. Therefore paying attention to very important and useful information and tweeting at the same time really made the whole event stressful in the beginning. But as the workshop was closing I realized that I was getting more and more used to tweeting what was go on. This tweet below is one of the tweets I felt more comfortable in writing towards the end of the workshop.

   The difficulty that I had was trying to write something sophisticated while trying to also listen to what the speaker had to say. It was also very hard because I could not remember what they had said and so I could not tweet about it, at the moment. As we had talked about it in class, it was very difficult to pay attention while in the midst of a tweet. Therefore, multitasking was not very easy. As I looked back at my tweets after the event, I realized that some tweets had grammatical errors, and they were all evidences of the struggle I was going through. Like the tweet below, I wrote the last word wrong.



   I went to the event with my roommate, Sevilay, therefore we were the only two people tweeting at the event. This was a bummer because the workshop did not have a general event hashtag. Therefore, there were no other tweets to favorite and retweet, and Sevilay was the only person I could retweet. She was the only person who retweeted my tweets and my friend from Jacksonville also favorited my tweets, but I do not know for what reason. Therefore I was unsuccessful in that nature. But at least I had some people who cared!





            I usually believe or have a mind set around the fact that when people are on their phone’s they are ignorant and disrespectful to the speaker that is why I also had a difficult time trying to overcome that ideology. Also since the format of the program was like a lecture, I could not find interesting pictures to post along with my tweets.



          Overall though I think this assignment really did allow me to get a grasp of twitter and I believe after live tweeting I feel more experienced using twitter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment